The problem of long-winded and overly complicated writing continues to drain productivity. Few people stop to think about the cost of time wasted reading material that is unclear or confusing.
Develop clear, concise writing that gets results.
Business writing techniques are presented in four phases:
- Hit the target and focus on the audience/reader
- Clarify the purpose for writing
- Learn guidelines for words, length and content of sentences
- Use the “Clarity Index” to check readability
- Get started with The Neuro-Note System
- Choose the right structure: Factual or Narrative
- Learn to prepare the 60-Second Summary
- Create successful sales letters and proposals
- Avoid the top netiquette mistakes and write more effective emails
- Improve the look of your writing
- Use headings and visuals for impact
What this means to you
Write more clearly and concisely—so your writing hits the target every time
Write faster—so you don’t suffer from writer’s block
Grab and keep the reader’s attention—so you present a consistently positive impression
Prior to the project, we ask participants to send us representative writing samples (e.g., letter, email, report, proposal). We then prepare tailored rewrites that illustrate the impact of our approach and use these samples for in-class exercises and discussion.
The course is run over one or two days, based on client needs. A virtual delivery can also be arranged.
Contact Us to bring Write to the Point to your company.